Ranbir to romance debut Pallavi in next | Bolly Wood Gossip

Monday 8 October 2012 - No comments
Basking in the joy of �Barfi!�, Ranbir Kapoor will romance newbie Pallavi Sharda in director Abhinav Kashyap�s next film titled, �Besharam�. Previously, Paineeti Chopra was thought for the role but later a new girl Australian born Indian actor Pallavi Sharda has been finalized to play the role of a �typical pataka girl from Delhi�.

�Considering both my parents are from Delhi, the role should be easy to play. I already know how to speak in Hindi,� she says. When asked how it feels to be acting opposite Ranbir, she says, �Ranbir is my favourite actor. I loved him in Barfi! The fact that I am acting with him in my next film is a big high.�

Pallavi Sharda has played a small role in �My Name Is Khan� and �Love Breakups Zindagi� and �Besharam� will be her first lead mainstream role.

A trained Bharatnatyam dancer, Sharda loves Bollywood movies for their dance. �I am looking forward to doing latkas and jhatkas in my upcoming films,� she says. She is a graduate in Law and Media Communication from Melbourne University, she quips how she developed liking for Bollywood? �My parents made me watch Bollywood films in Australia to keep me in touch with my roots. I liked them so much that I decided to be an actor at the age of three. My family and friends laughed it off, thinking I would get over it, but I never lost sight of my goal, and here I am.�

An ardent fan of Sridevi, Sharda is still called Pallavi Devi by friends and family. �I thought it was divine intervention when Sridevi was called Pallavi in the film Lamhe,� she laughs. Having grown up on a liberal dose of Bollywood, Sharda misses the era of 60s and 70s. �I am looking forward to watching Sridevi in English Vinglish after so many years.�  

Pallavi said she is both Indian and Australian in heart. �I am equally Indian and Australian. When I am in India, I miss Australia, and vice versa. I would often wear bindis, bangles and heavy kajal with jeans-top and a stole to college and outings when hanging out with friends. My mom was horrified by my love for fusion.�

0 comments:

Post a Comment